Cultural Photo Tours to Stockholm
Arctic Adventure to Swedish + Finnish Lapland, Plus Stockholm
Northern Lights • Dog Sledding • Ice Fishing • The Arctic Circle
Learn Photography with a Small Group
Enjoy a customized small group tour (5 pax min. to 11 max.) to the often misunderstood region of Swedish and Finnish Lapland, including time in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden.
Participants will fly in and out Stockholm (ARN) and spend ample time exploring much of what this highly-rated capital city has to offer (see the extremely entertaining video below). Next we’ll fly (included) roundtrip from Stockholm to Luleå, Sweden, where we’ll be transported in private vehicles up to Swedish and Finnish Lapland.
Finally we’ll get back to the big city as we return to Stockholm. Those participants interested in spending more time exploring this region before or after the tour can make arrangements directly with our local tour operator who can help with details, please just ask.
We’ve got lots of great experiences planned, including searching for and photographing the Northern Lights (aurora borealis), dog sledding, ice fishing, an introduction to the sauna culture of this region, great food (including a foodie tour) and so much more.
Watch this very entertaining video touting all the wonderful attributes of Stockholm, Sweden:
This trip has yet to be scheduled for a future date.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
Details of future departures will be announced when available.
Please request the details of this and other PEA trips by contacting us at [email protected].
Guided Walking Tours of Lapland
- Keeping our travel schedule in mind, participants will be put in the right place, at the right time, to explore and capture the highlights of Swedish and Finnish Lapland, including its people, food, country life and other cultural wonders.
- Approximately 2- to 4-hours per day on average of instruction with travel photographer Ralph Velasco, including group photo walks and locally-guided walking tours in each location.
- Facilities permitting, participants will have a chance to sit down as a group with Ralph during a mid-trip image review allowing him to gauge each participant’s progress and to provide valuable feedback.
- Detailed information about how to best photograph the northern lights will be provided in advance of the trip. No special equipment is required.
- Participants can look forward to ample free time to explore and discover each location on their own, as well.
- 8-nights accommodations in well-located hotels in Stockholm (3) & Lapland (5).
- Breakfast daily (B), plus 6 lunches (L) and 6 dinners (D), including Foodie Tour.
- English-speaking guides and transfers for most program activities.
- Airport transfers by high-speed train and group transfers in heated vehicles.
- Various program activities including ferry ride, ice fishing, snowmobiling, dog sledding, traditional sauna experience and more.
- Weather permitting, numerous opportunities to witness and photograph the northern lights (aurora borealis).
- Entry fees for group activities.
- Rental of arctic gear (snowmobile suits, heavy boots, but also bring your own winter gear for Stockholm and everyday walking around)
Program does not include:
- Airfare to/from Stockholm, Sweden, at beginning and end of trip.
- Items of a personal nature such as, but not limited to, baggage fees, laundry, Internet access where not provided, souvenirs, telephone calls, additional tips, alcoholic beverages, and other items not specifically outlined as included in this Itinerary.
Ralph Velasco is a U.S.-based travel photography instructor, author and international guide who has led tours to Egypt, Morocco, the Adriatic, Central Europe, Iceland, Bhutan, Nepal, Vietnam, Cambodia, Spain, Mexico’s Copper Canyon, and other locations. He’s also organized and participated in over a dozen Humanitarian and People-to-People programs in Cuba.
Ralph is an award-winning travel photography blogger and President and CEO (Chief Experience Officer) of PhotoEnrichment Programs, Inc. He’s also the creator of the My Shot Lists for Travel app for iPhone, an organizational and tracking tool designed to help travelers of all photography skill levels to bring home a more well-rounded set of images of any destination or subject (available free on iTunes).
All activities and itinerary details are subject to change, but rest assured we’ll make every effort to provide a comparable alternative should changes to our schedule need to be made.