Cultural Tours to Cambodia
Cambodia: Kingdom of Wonder with Ralph Velasco
Phnom Penh • Siem Reap • Battambang • Kep
JUST ANNOUNCED FOR 2017!
Come join PhotoEnrichment Adventures founder Ralph Velasco for a customized, small group tour of Cambodia (4 pax min. to 11 max.), visiting Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Battambang and Kep.
View video testimonials:
November 6 – 19, 2017
Price for this 14 day, 13 night trip is: $3,999/ person in double occupancy, please add $599 for single supplement
* A single supplement applies to those wishing to have their own room throughout the trip (availability is strictly limited). The trip price is based on current airfare from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, but price could be adjusted should airfares rise or fall between now and when they are confirmed (although this has never happened).
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
Please request the details of this trip by contacting us at [email protected].
To register, you can pay with a credit card via PayPal (please request invoice from [email protected]) or deposit a check directly into the PhotoEnrichment Programs, Inc. Bank of America account. Depositing a check affords a $50 per person discount. We’ll send you all the details if you contact us above.
Your participation is not confirmed until completed Reservation Form and Terms & Conditions, and payment in full, have been received.
Focus on Photography While Meeting New People
- In Phnom Penh we’ll experience a sunset cruise on the Mekong and Tonle Sap Rivers, plus visit the Central Market, Wat Phnom, Silk Island, the Killing Fields, Tuol Sleng, take cyclo and tuk-tuk rides, and much more.
- Moving on from Phnom Penh we’ll spend time in Battambang, where we’ll have a once-in-a-lifetime chance to ride the Bamboo Train, plus a tuk-tuk ride into the countryside with stops to see how they make rice paper and sticky rice served in bamboo, as well as a stop at the local prahok (fish paste) market, an experience you’ll surely never forget. We’ll also visit the austere Killing Cave and witness the evening spectacle of over 6 million bats as they leave their cave to feed in the local rice fields.
- Continuing our partial circumnavigation of the Tonle Sap, we venture on to Siem Reap, our base for exploring the UNESCO World Heritage site of Angkor Wat, the largest religious complex in the world (and voted #1 on TripAdvisor’s World Wonders of 2015, the list of the 25 top rated landmarks of the world). There we’ll have an included day pass to the ruins.
- Our itinerary features sunrise and sunset at Angkor Wat, visits to Bayon with an included elephant ride, plus Ta Prohm and other amazing sites.
- We’ll also visit the floating village of Kompong Phluk on the Tonle Sap Lake, including a flooded forest boat ride, and this is just one of many highlights of the trip.
- Finally, we’ll fly from Siem Reap back to Phnom Penh, and then have a private transfer to visit the seaside town of Kep, famous for its crab market, Rabbit Island, and a peaceful place to just relax!
- 13 nights accommodation in wonderful boutique hotels with pools, professional massage services, and other amenities in each location (Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Battambang and Kep).
- Meals: breakfast daily, plus 4 lunches and 6 dinners.
- Enjoy one drink at each included meal (choose from small bottled water, soft drink, house wine, local beer, coffee or tea)
- Airport transfers in Phnom Penh (PNH) at start and end of tour, plus for internal flight.
- Transportation from Phnom Penh to Battambang to Siem Reap, and then from Phnom Penh to Kep and back to Phnom Penh in a private, air-conditioned coach.
- One-way airfare between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh.
- Entry fees for all included sites and experiences.
- Cyclo and tuk-tuk rides for various activities.
- Elephant ride around the ruins of Bayon in Angkor Wat.
- Orientation tours in Phnom Penh, Battambang and Siem Reap with a local, English-speaking guide.
- Tips for all local guides, drivers and included meals.
Small Group Tours with Travel Photographer Ralph Velasco
- Keeping our travel schedule in mind, participants will be put in the right place, at the right time to explore and capture the best of Cambodia, including its people, food, temples, markets, and other cultural wonders.
- Approximately 2- to 4-hours per day on average of instruction with travel photographer Ralph Velasco, including group photo walks and locally-guided walking tours in each location.
- Participants will have a chance to sit down with Ralph during a mid-trip image review allowing him to gauge each participant’s progress and to provide valuable feedback.
Ralph Velasco is President, Founder and CEO (Chief Experience Officer) of PhotoEnrichment Adventures, as well as a travel photography instructor and international guide who has organized and led over 60 international trips around the world.
Ralph was a finalist for the prestigious 2015 Travel Photographer of the Year award and was selected to a group of the Top 100 Travel Photographers in the World for 2014 by a site in the U.K. And two years in a row he was chosen “Open Photographer of the Year” by the Professional Photographers of Orange County.
Ralph has an MBA in International Business from United States International University in Mexico City and San Diego (1995), an undergraduate degree in Management from the Indiana University School of Business (1985), speaks Spanish and is a licensed private pilot SEL (single engine land).
He’s also been an integral member of several championship sailing teams in Chicago, San Diego and Newport Beach, California.
If you’d like to join this trip, please click on the following links and complete each set of paperwork to register. Your information will be sent directly to us once submitted (each of these documents is mandatory to participate).
Flight Info Request Form (available only after trip is confirmed by PEA administrators)
Medical Request Form (available only after trip is confirmed by PEA administrators)
All activities and itinerary details are subject to change, but rest assured we’ll make every effort to provide a comparable alternative should changes to our schedule need to be made.