Cuba People-to-People Exchange Program
People • Culture • Food • UNESCO World Heritage Sites • Architecture
JOIN US ON A PEOPLE-TO-PEOPLE PROGRAM TO CUBA! LIMITED TO 6 to 11 PARTICIPANTS MAXIMUM.
This is a fully-licensed program sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Treasury to travel legally to Cuba.
Included are all accommodations in Cuba, roundtrip airfare from Miami to Cuba, group transportation within Cuba, airport transfers in Havana, tips for local guides and drivers, most meals, necessary documentation, your Cuban visa, health insurance while in Cuba for those 79 years and younger, plus much more.
See the individual tabs below for much more detailed information on this incredible program.
March 11 – 17, 2018
Pricing is still being determined for this trip.
$X,XXX per person in double occupancy (please add $XXX for single supplement if you’d like your own room throughout the program).
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
Please request the details of this trip by contacting us at [email protected].
To register, you can pay with a credit card via PayPal (email ralph@PhotoEnrichment.com to request invoice) or deposit a check directly into the PhotoEnrichment Programs, Inc. bank account at any Bank of America branch. Depositing a check affords a $50 per person discount. We’ll send you all the details if you’ll contact us above.
Your participation is not confirmed until completed Reservation and Terms & Conditions Forms, and payment in full, have been received.
Program Includes (exact details subject to change)
- People-to-People exchanges with local Cubans.
- Round trip airfare to Havana (HAV) direct from Miami (MIA).
- Medical insurance while in Cuba for those 79 years of age and younger.
- 6 nights accommodations at a well-located casa particular in Havana.
- Breakfast daily and most other meals.
- Services of an English-speaking guide and bus transfers for most program activities.
- Day trip to the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Viñales Valley.
- Tips for our guide(s), bus driver and for all included meals.
- Fee for Cuban Travel Visa and departure tax.
Program Does Not Include
- Airfare to and from Miami from your home airport.
- Accommodations in Miami the night before the program start date.
- Items of a personal nature such as, but not limited to, necessary baggage fees, laundry, Internet access, souvenirs, telephone calls, additional tips, alcoholic beverages, and other items not specifically outlined as included in the Itinerary.
Experiential highlights of this program include:
- Various orientation walks with our local guide.
- Photo walks and photography instruction from your tour leader, Ralph Velasco.
- Day trip to the Viñales Valley where we’ll experience a boat ride in a mogote and a visit to a local tobacco farm to learn about this unique process, as well as have lunch at a picturesque organic farm.
- Visit to a cigar factory in Havana where we can witness how cigars are hand made till this day in Cuba.
- Wonderful meals at hand-selected restaurants throughout Havana and Viñales, including limited alcoholic and other drinks.
- Ride on “la lanchita,” the locals ferry on Havana harbor.
- Visit to the otherworldly gallery and neighborhood of Jose Fuster in Jaimanitas, where lunch is included.
- Visit to Morro Cabaña, a.k.a. Castillo del Morro and lighthouse, the icon of Havana.
- Private visit with world-renown photographer Sr. Roberto Salas at his home in Havana, where he’ll tell us stories and show us photographs of his time spent photographing revolutionaries Fidel and Raul Castro, as well as Ernesto “Che” Guevara, along with his other work.
- Visit to a local farmer’s market.
- Visit to the famous Hotel Nacional.
Ralph Velasco is a U.S.-based travel photography instructor, author and international guide who has led tours to Egypt, Morocco, the Adriatic, Central Europe, Iceland, Bhutan, Nepal, Vietnam, Cambodia, Spain, Romania, Mexico’s Copper Canyon, and other locations. He’s also organized and participated in over a dozen Humanitarian and People-to-People programs in Cuba.
Ralph is an award-winning travel photography blogger and President and CEO (Chief Experience Officer) of PhotoEnrichment Adventures. He’s also the creator of the My Shot Lists for Travel app for iPhone, an organizational and tracking tool designed to help travelers of all photography skill levels to bring home a more well-rounded set of images of any destination or subject (available free on iTunes).
Ralph is also Founder of Tour Organizer Training, a free webinar and series of online courses designed to help everyday people to organize and lead their own special interest trips, whether around the world or around the corner.
“Cuba is amazing. I was impressed with the how colorful the buildings, cars and clothes are in Cuba, it seems to match the warmth and enthusiasm of the people. The food was delicioso and very flavorful, but not spicey hot so it was easy to enjoy. My husband and I hope we can return sometime, there is so much to experience, it would absolutely be worth a second (or third) look.”
~Amy and Robert Myers (2017 Cuba)
“Some much fun, the people of Cuba are so happy and so into music and art. I learned so much about the history of Cuba. The photo opportunities were endless. Ralph and Amed put together and perfect blend of activities. I could not have been more happy.”
~ Steve Grove (2017 Cuba)
“We had a great time in Havana. Ralph seems to attract really good travelers. Everyone got along really well. The trip was well planned and hit all the best places in Havana. The accommodations were top notch and the trip ran very smoothly. No hitches or surprises.”
~ Patrick Monahan (2017, 2015, 2014 Cuba with PEA)
“Thanks again for such an amazing trip…my photography interest and appetite has completely grown since the trip and I have come back so invigorated and inspired. I’m excited to learn more and begin to take some higher quality pictures.”
~Sarah Radka (2015 Cuba)
All activities and itinerary details are subject to change, but rest assured we’ll make every effort to provide a comparable alternative should changes to our schedule need to be made.