The Heart of Spain: Madrid, Segovia and Toledo
Food • Photography • Culture • Museums • History • Architecture
JOIN US IN THE HEART OF SPAIN! TRIP LIMITED TO 11 PARTICIPANTS MAXIMUM.
Join travel photographer, author and international guide Ralph Velasco on a customized small group tour of Central Spain, consisting of 4 nights in Madrid, 3 nights in Segovia and 3 nights in Toledo.
May 18 – 28, 2018
Price: Pricing is yet to be determined
Single supplement: Pricing is yet to be determined
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
Please request the details of this trip by contacting us at [email protected].
To register, you can pay with a credit card via PayPal (request invoice) or deposit a check directly into the PhotoEnrichment Programs, Inc. bank account. Depositing a check affords a $50 per person discount. We’ll send you all the details if you contact us above.
Your participation is not confirmed until completed Reservation and Terms & Conditions Forms, and payment in full, have been received.
- We’ll explore Spain’s cosmopolitan capital, Madrid, and its vibrant historic center, including the areas around the Royal Palace, Retiro Park, Plaza Mayor and the world famous Prado museum. We’ll also partake in a tapas tour in and around the La Latina district which will be led by an internationally renown food and wine expert.
- In Segovia, a UNESCO World Heritage site, we’ll have a chance to feast on roasted suckling pig, this city’s signature dish; see the Alcazar, and photograph El Acueducto, a 2,000 year old Roman structure built with no mortar or cement, but still to this day capable of carrying water.
- Finally, in charming Toledo, another UNESCO site, and Spain’s former capital before it was moved to nearby Madrid, we’ll stay in the wonderful Jewish Quarter and experience the winding streets of Toledo as well as the masterful artwork of El Greco.
- Approximately 4-hours per day on average of instruction with travel photographer Ralph Velasco, including group photo walks and locally-guided walking tours in each location.
- Facilities permitting, participants will have a chance to sit down as a group with Ralph during a mid-trip image review allowing him to gauge each participant’s progress and to provide valuable feedback.
- On request, each participant will receive a copy of Ralph’s eBook “Ralph Velasco On Travel Photography: 101 Tips for Developing Your Photographic Eye & More“.
- 10 nights accommodation in boutique hotels (Madrid – 4 nights, Segovia – 3 nights, Toledo – 3 nights).
- Most meals: breakfast daily and assorted lunches and dinners, including roasted suckling pig in Segovia and farewell dinner in Toledo…
- …Plus a small group Tapa Tour in Madrid with a local food and wine expert.
- Transfers to and from Madrid’s Barajas airport (MAD) on tour days.
- Private, air-conditioned transportation between Madrid, Segovia and Toledo.
- Orientation tours in Madrid, Segovia and Toledo with a local, English-speaking guide.
- Tips for all guides, meals and drivers.
Airfare to and from Spain is additional and should be arranged on your own, with our guidance.
You’ll fly in and out of Madrid’s Barajas airport (MAD).
(Please don’t make non-refundable travel arrangements until you are given confirmation by us.)
Ralph Velasco is a U.S.-based travel photography instructor, author and international guide who has led tours to Egypt, Morocco, the Adriatic, Central Europe, Iceland, Bhutan, Nepal, Vietnam, Cambodia, Spain, Mexico’s Copper Canyon, and other locations. He’s also organized and participated in over a dozen Humanitarian and People-to-People programs in Cuba.
Ralph is an award-winning travel photography blogger and President and CEO (Chief Experience Officer) of PhotoEnrichment Programs, Inc. He’s also the creator of the My Shot Lists for Travel app for iPhone, an organizational and tracking tool designed to help travelers of all photography skill levels to bring home a more well-rounded set of images of any destination or subject (available free on iTunes).
All activities and itinerary details are subject to change, but rest assured we’ll make every effort to provide a comparable alternative should changes to our schedule need to be made.