Central Mexico & La Ruta del Tequila
in a Private Hacienda
April 3 – 9, 2021
Join Alla Campagna Experiences Founder and veteran tour organizer Ralph Velasco for a once-in-a-lifetime travel experience to Central Mexico, including Guadalajara and the famous Tequila Route.
(this experience, like that of our others, will only operate
when it’s safe to do so and we have been cleared to travel)
Overview of this Experience
Get off the tourist track during this wonderful experience to a lesser visited but very safe part of Central Mexico.
During this trip you’ll enjoy 7 nights accommodations, two at a boutique hotel on the outskirts of Guadalajara and four at a private hacienda in an isolated and mountainous region just an hour or so away from Guadalajara.
We’ll also take in La Ruta del Tequila (The Tequila Route) in the nearby town of the same name where we’ll learn, during a private tour, how this famous elixir is grown, processed and marketed worldwide.
There’ll also be an opportunity to schedule optional massage treatments on the property, as well as enjoy the beautiful grounds of our private hotel.
Other activities will include a cooking demonstration where you’ll learn how to make interesting salsas and real Mexican guacamole that is out of this world. This will then be followed by an open air meal complete with entertainment just for us by a local mariachi band. We’ll also have a chance to visit the nearby towns of Tonalá and Tlaquepaque with private visit to a local artisan’s taller (workshop) and a chance for free time and shopping.
This customized experience was created with our Alla Campagna guests in mind, and will only be open to a limited number of participants (single rooms may be strictly limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis only).
Free WiFi is available for all guests and all units have air conditioning and several even feature a private jacuzzi.
“LOVED your presentation at The Refinery on Saturday!! You got me motivated to travel & I learned a lot!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME and for sharing your gift!!”
“Thanks again for such an amazing trip…my photography interest and appetite has completely grown since the trip and I have come back so invigorated and inspired. I’m excited to learn more and begin to take some higher quality pictures.”
“Thanks for a great trip. All went smoothly and I had a great time. I return a better photographer for certain and have a new perspective on what I see. You offer a great product – smart itineraries, hotels and food choices…I look forward to another trip.”
“The fun, adventure and friendship with you means everything to us, along with a great photo or two along the way!”
“Ralph, Morocco truly is magical! Thanks for a beautiful two weeks!”
April 3 – 9, 2021
$3,900 per person in Double Occupancy
Please add $595 for Single Supplement if you’d like your own room throughout.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
Register for This Experience in 4 Simple Steps:
- Submit a Reservation Form.
- Read and agree to our Terms & Conditions.
- Provide a scan or smartphone photo of your passport’s signature page.
- Send in your $1,000 deposit or full payment.
To request the Reservation Form and Terms & Conditions for this experience please contact us at.
To make payment, you can use a credit card via PayPal (to request invoice) or deposit a check directly into our bank account at any Bank of America branch (or send to our Rockford, IL, address, details will follow). Depositing a check affords each traveler a $50 per person discount.
We’ll send you all the payment details if you’ll CONTACT US HERE.
INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
Included in Your Fee:
- Travel insurance valid for the entirety of the scheduled tour is included (7 days, please see separate documentation to be provided for exact coverage details and to determine if you’ll require additional coverage for your situation).
- Private airport transfers on trip dates.
- All accommodations in Mexico (6 nights) in a double occupancy room during trip dates (single rooms may be limited).
- Meals: All Breakfasts (B), 3 Lunches (L) and 3 Dinners (D).
Enjoy a local beer or glass of house wine at each included meal as outlined in the itinerary.
- Locally-guided orientation tours of Guadalajara and Tequila, including transportation, as well as to Tonalá and Tlaquepaque, including visit with local artisan(s).
- Private visit to a tequila factory with tequila/mezcal tasting on La Ruta del Tequila.
- Bottled water at our hotel and for drives.
- Services of a local, English-speaking guide for select group activities.
- Services of a professional driver for certain activities.
- Entry fees for select group activities as outlined in the itinerary.
- Group tips for local guides and included meals.
- Flights or other transportation to and from Guadalajara, Mexico (GDL).
- Optional airport transfers outside of included group transfers.
- Pre- or post-trip accommodations outside of our tour dates, although we can help to set up extra nights, assuming availability.
- Travel and/or medical insurance in addition to that included with your fee (if you’d like additional coverage please see SquareMouth, which is a travel insurance comparison site or TravelInsured or WorldNomads for a free quote)
- Meals not specifically outlined in the itinerary as included.
- Drinks or other alcoholic beverages not specifically mentioned as included.
- Tips for housekeeping or other services that are not included.
- Items of a personal nature.
About This Itinerary
This experience is limited to just 6 – 10 participants.
Most meals are included (all Breakfasts, 3 Lunches and 3 Dinners)
IMPORTANT NOTE: You’ll want to wear good, sturdy walking shoes throughout this experience as the property where we’re staying and the other locations we’ll be visiting are often made up of hilly terrain, sometimes with a number of stairs, inclines, declines and at times gravel and occasionally rough dirt and stone paths.
If you are even slightly unsure of your walking capability in these conditions it’s HIGHLY recommended that you purchase a quality set of telescoping walking sticks at your local outdoor supply store or online before arriving in country.
Here’s a link to a 2-piece trekking pole set that comes highly recommended with over 7,700 5-star reviews on Amazon.
TRAVEL INSURANCE IS INCLUDED
As of 2020 we are requiring that all participants have Travel Insurance to protect their investment in any of our trips and to cover all health and travel contingencies before and during your stay. That said, for this particular experience we’ve been able to include quality insurance but depending on your particular circumstances you may still wish to purchase some level of supplemental insurance.
Please purchase the policy that is right for your needs, and know that we will require Proof of Coverage during the registration process.
If looking for additional insurance please consider using SquareMouth, a travel insurance comparison site to find the best insurance for your situation.
You can also get a Free Quote from our partners at WorldNomads by visiting this page on our sister site PhotoEnrichment Adventures, but this may be age limited.
Another site that comes highly recommended is TravelInsured.com.
MORE IMPORTANT DETAILS
Regarding Your Flight Home
In order to give yourself time to arrive at the airport and check in, please arrange your onward flight no earlier than 4:00 pm local time (subject to change, and please don’t make any non-refundable travel arrangements until given the go ahead by ACE administrators).
You can certainly choose to stay over in this area or move on to other parts of the region to enjoy the many other things to do, or transfer on your own to other parts of Mexico to continue your experience, but please arrange these additional services on your own.
We wish you safe travels and happy memories of what will surely be an unforgettable trip!
SUBJECT TO CHANGE: Again, we’re estimating that you’ll want to schedule your flight to leave the afternoon of our last day together, after 4:00 pm local time, in order to allow plenty of time to comfortably transfer to the airport and make your onward flight.
For more information and to register for this experience,
please contact us at admin@AllaCampagna.com
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 3, 2021
Please understand that all aspects of this itinerary are subject to change.
Please note that if you’d like maximum freedom throughout your experience you might consider renting a car in Guadalajara starting on Day 3 and then return it to the airport at the end of the trip. We can help facilitate car sharing amongst participants by putting you in touch with others to see if there’s a match.
- Welcome Dinner
- Orientation walks with a local guide in Guadalajara, Tonelá and Tequila
- Artisan demo in Tlaquepaque
- Property tour of our private hacienda
- Day trip to Tequila with private factory tour, demonstration and tasting
- Spa treatments available
- Farewell Dinner of traditional Mexican BBQ, cooking demo and mariachi entertainment
- So much more
Ralph Velasco is a U.S.-based travel photography instructor, author and international guide who has organized and led over 100 international tours and more than 100 domestic tours in the United States. His international trips have included Armenia and the Republic of Georgia, Egypt, Morocco, the Adriatic, Central Europe, Iceland, Bhutan and Nepal, Vietnam, Cambodia, India, Spain, Portugal, Tuscany, Romania, Mexico’s Copper Canyon, Turkey, Cuba and other locations
Ralph is an award-winning travel photography blogger, podcast host and public speaker, and for more than 10 years he’s been the Founder and CEO (Chief Experience Officer) of PhotoEnrichment Adventures. Recently he created a new travel brand called Alla Campagna Experiences where the focus is less on photography in each destination and even more about the culture, people, food, drink and other unique activities and experiences they have to offer, all while staying in unforgettable properties, such as private castles, wine estates, one-of-a-kind boutique hotels, villas and converted mansions, in and around the Mediterranean.
Look for Ralph’s new YouTube channel, The Continental DRIFTER, as well as its accompanying travel blog at this link. At The Continental DRIFTER you can expect travel advice, interesting stories, expert interviews and easy-to-use photography tips for Baby Boomers and Gen X travelers.
Now, invest in yourself…get out and travel!
All aspects of this itinerary are subject to change. We ask that you remain flexible as there are often circumstances beyond our control and changes may be necessary.
The trip leader, tour operator and/or tour coordinator reserve the right to make adjustments to the published itinerary whenever, in their sole discretion, conditions warrant, or if they deem it necessary for the comfort and/or safety of the group.