Cultural Tours to Spain
Northern SPAIN’s Basque Country
& La Rioja
with Optional Pre-Trip Extension to Barcelona
Barcelona Extension: September 5 – 8
Base Trip: September 8 – 16, 2021
(this trip, like that of our others, will only operate
when it is safe to do so and we’ve been cleared to travel)
Join Alla Campagna Experiences Founder and veteran tour organizer Ralph Velasco for the culinary and cultural experience of a lifetime in Northern Spain.
This experience will focus on the Basque cities of Hondarribia, San Sebastián & Bilbao as well as Laguardia & Logroño in the La Rioja region, plus we’re offering an optional pre-trip extension to Barcelona.
Scroll down for more details about this unique experience limited to just 6 to 14 participants.
Northern Spain's Basque Country & La Rioja Experience Overview
“LOVED your presentation at The Refinery on Saturday!! You got me motivated to travel & I learned a lot!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME and for sharing your gift!!”
“Thanks again for such an amazing trip…my photography interest and appetite has completely grown since the trip and I have come back so invigorated and inspired. I’m excited to learn more and begin to take some higher quality pictures.”
“Thanks for a great trip. All went smoothly and I had a great time. I return a better photographer for certain and have a new perspective on what I see. You offer a great product – smart itineraries, hotels and food choices…I look forward to another trip.”
“The fun, adventure and friendship with you means everything to us, along with a great photo or two along the way!”
“Ralph, Morocco truly is magical! Thanks for a beautiful two weeks!”
“Our tour leader Ralph was one of the most knowledgeable trip leaders I have experienced over the past 40 years. He is a very experienced photographer and generously shared his knowledge, talents and experience with us. I think I learned more composition skills and believe I am a better photographer.”
“I really liked the [small] size of the tour. It felt like traveling with friends from very early on, and continued to feel that way. That last hotel we stayed in, the one in Budapest, was such a treat! Those views were fabulous, and it ended the trip in style. Ralph is a good trip leader… He wasn’t hovering, but he did stop and give tips and I felt well-tended. The local guides were all outstanding!”
“Ralph is an engaging and knowledgeable photographer that puts his world class experience in your hands. This trip has been off the charts.”
“The photo critique alone [at the Photography Boot Camp] is worth the price of admission.”
“Great examples clearly demonstrated the points Ralph made. His teaching methods made many things much simpler to understand. I thoroughly enjoyed this class!”
Extension: September 5 – 8 and Base Trip: September 8 – 16, 2021
$5,400 per person in Double Occupancy.
Please add $800 for Single Supplement if you’d like your own room throughout.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
Please request the details of this trip by contacting us at.
To register, you can pay with a credit card via PayPal (to request invoice) or deposit a check directly into the PhotoEnrichment Programs, Inc. bank account at any Bank of America branch. Depositing a check affords a $50 per person discount.
We’ll send you all the payment details if you’ll contact us above.
Your participation is not confirmed until completed Reservation Form and Terms & Conditions, plus passport copy and payment in full, have been received.
- 8-nights’ accommodations, including 4 nights in Hondarribia/San Sebastián in a parador (a converted castle) and 4 nights in Laguardia at a converted mansion in the old town center.
- Private airport transfer from Hondarribia/San Sebastián airport (EAS) to your hotel upon arrival and group transfer to Bilbao (BIO) at end of trip.
- Services of an English-speaking guide for orientation tours and various included experiences.
- Meals: Breakfast (B) daily, 7 Lunches (L) and 3 Dinners (D).
- Bottled water will be provided each day, plus wine tasting(s) as outlined.
- Transportation with professional driver between all locations and for included group activities, when necessary, in a private, air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entry fees for all included sites and experiences.
- Group tips for local guide(s), driver and included meals.
- Your flights or other transportation to and from Spain.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Alcoholic beverages and other items not specifically mentioned as included in the itinerary.
- Additional tips for driver, guides and/or hotel and other services
- Welcome Dinner in charming Hondarribia.
- Orientation and Guided Pintxo (tapas) Tours in San Sebastián.
- Morning visit to Zumaia Beach, txakoli wine tasting at a private wine estate with ocean views near Getaria.
- An opportunity to sample a small section of St. James Way (the Camino de Santiago).
- Several orientation tours with local, English-speaking guides.
- Wine tastings at a variety of unique and different wineries, several where we’ll get to meet their original owners.
- Tapa tour of Logroño’s famous Calle Laurel, considered the best foodie street in all of Spain.
- Lunch at a private gastronomic society prepared by one of its members.
- Olive oil tasting in the middle of an ancient olive grove and so much more.
- Also, weather and conditions permitting we’ll have an opportunity for an optional Hot Air Balloon Ride over the stunning landscapes, villages and vineyards of La Rioja. This will be unforgettable experience.
Ralph Velasco is a U.S.-based travel photography instructor, author and international guide who has organized and led over 100 international tours and more than 100 domestic tours in the United States. His international trips have included Armenia & the Republic of Georgia, Egypt, Morocco, the Adriatic, Central Europe, Iceland, Bhutan & Nepal, Vietnam, Cambodia, India, Spain, Portugal, Tuscany, Romania, Mexico’s Copper Canyon, Turkey and other locations.
Ralph is an award-winning travel photography blogger, podcast host and public speaker, and for more than 12 years he’s been the Founder and CEO (Chief Experience Officer) of PhotoEnrichment Adventures. Recently he created a new travel brand called Alla Campagna Experiences where the focus is less on photography in each destination and even more about the culture, people, food, drink and other unique activities and experiences they have to offer, all while staying in unforgettable properties, such as private castles, wine estates, one-of-a-kind boutique hotels, villas and converted mansions, mostly in and around the Mediterranean.
Subscribe to Ralph’s new YouTube channel, The Continental DRIFTER, as well as visit its accompanying travel blog at this link. At The Continental DRIFTER you can expect travel advice, interesting stories, expert interviews and easy-to-use photography tips for Baby Boomers and Gen X travelers.
Now, invest in yourself…get out and travel!
All activities and itinerary details are subject to change, but rest assured we’ll make every effort to provide a comparable alternative in the unlikely event changes to our schedule need to be made.