Capitals of the Baltics: Vilnius, Lithuania; Riga, Latvia; Tallinn, Estonia
Food • Photography • Culture • History • Architecture
Join travel photographer, author and international guide Ralph Velasco on a customized small group tour of the Capitals of the Baltic states of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. The program will consist of 4 nights in Vilnius, 3 nights in Riga and 3 nights in Tallinn (all of which are UNESCO World Heritage sites).
There will also be an optional post-trip extension available to Helsinki…details below.
Click the image below to see Ralph’s interview by the Vilnius Tourism Board in its entirety.
Base Trip: May 26 – June 5, 2017
Optional extension to Helsinki: June 5 – 7, 2017
Base trip*: $3,999 per person in double occupancy.
Optional extension: $899 per person in double or single occupancy.
*Please add $499 for single supplement if you’d like your own room throughout the base trip. Single supplement is included on extension.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
Please request the details of this trip by contacting us at.
To register, you can pay with a credit card via PayPal (to request invoice) or deposit a check directly into the PhotoEnrichment Programs, Inc. bank account at any Bank of America branch. Depositing a check affords a $50 per person discount. We’ll send you all the details if you’ll contact us above.
Your participation is not confirmed until completed Reservation and Terms & Conditions Forms, and payment in full, have been received.
- In Lithuania we’ll explore the capital of Vilnius with our seasoned local guide (Vilnius boasts the largest Old Town in all of Eastern Europe). We’ll also be transported out to the former capital of Lithuania, , where we’ll visit its stunning island castle, and be able to photograph it both from the shore, as well as from a sailboat (weather permitting) which will get us on the lake for unique perspectives. On our last day in Lithuania we’ll stop at the breathtaking Hill of Crosses on our way to Riga.
- Historic Riga, the capital of Latvia, is a charming and very walkable city, where we’ll get to know its many nooks and crannies. Included will be an evening shoot of the Old Town from across the Daugava River, plus you can get up high in the church bell tower (there’s an elevator, so don’t worry!). We’ll also visit Riga’s extraordinary Central Market which is made up of 5 massive hangars that were formerly used to build and maintain German zeppelins, or airships.
- Medieval Tallinn, Estonia’s fairy tale-like capital, offers a photo opportunity around every corner. Tallinn is so unique and wonderful that we’ll actually have two walking tours with a local guide who will introduce us to its highlights and many of Tallinn’s backstreets and little known places. On our last day we’ll enjoy a wonderful Farewell Lunch where we can say goodbye to new and old friends.
- For those of you interested in more of this region, we’re organizing an optional post-trip extension to Helsinki, the nearby capital of Finland. We’ll arrange your ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki, all transfers, 2-nights hotel accommodations at a centrally-located 4-star hotel with breakfast daily, the services of a local guide for a 2-hour walking tour, plus, a visit to the Seuresaari Open Air Museum, including transportation. Your transfer to the Helsinki airport is included, as well.
- Daily instruction with travel photographer Ralph Velasco, including group photo walks and locally-guided walking tours in each location where we’ll be put in front of some of this region’s most awe inspiring photo ops.
- Facilities permitting, participants will have a chance to sit down as a group with Ralph during a mid-trip image review allowing him to gauge each participant’s progress and to provide valuable feedback.
- Each participant will receive a copy of Ralph’s eBook “ ” along with other invaluable travel and photography information meant to make your trip and photography as easy and successful as possible.
- Before, during and after the trip each participant can spend time on the Facebook group Ralph will set up in advance so that we can introduce ourselves, share links and research before the trip, as well as upload images to discuss and admire each others’ work.
Base Trip includes:
- 10 nights accommodation in centrally-located hotels (Vilnius – 4 nights, Riga – 3 nights, Tallinn – 3 nights).
- Most meals: breakfast daily, plus 6 lunches and 4 dinners, including Welcome Dinner in Vilnius and Farewell Lunch in Tallinn.
- Transfers from Vilnius airport (VNO) to hotel, and from hotel to Tallinn airport (TLL), or ferry terminal for those joining the extension to Helsinki.
- Private, air-conditioned transportation between Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn.
- Orientation tours in each city with a local, English-speaking guides.
- Tips for all guides, meals and drivers.
- So much more…
Extension Trip includes:
- Transfer from our hotel to the Tallinn ferry terminal.
- One-way Tourist Class ferry ticket from Tallinn to .
- Two-nights accommodation at a centrally located 4-star hotel (in single or double occupancy).
- Arrival and departure transfers in Helsinki with a private car.
- Optional 2-hour guided tour for Helsinki city walking tour (may require 4 person minimum).
- Optional 3-hour group visit to (may require 4 person minimum).
Airfare to and from Europe is additional and should be arranged on your own with our guidance. You’ll fly into Vilnius (VNO) and out of Tallinn (TLL) or Helsinki (HEL) if participating in the extension.
Please don’t make any non-refundable travel arrangements until given confirmation by PEA staff.
Ralph Velasco is a U.S.-based travel photography instructor, author and international guide who has led tours to Egypt,, the , Central Europe, , Bhutan, Nepal, , , , , , and other locations. He’s also organized and participated in over a dozen Humanitarian and People-to-People programs in Cuba.
Ralph is an award-winning travel photography blogger and President and CEO (Chief Experience Officer) of PhotoEnrichment Adventures. He’s also the creator of the, an organizational and tracking tool designed to help travelers of all photography skill levels to bring home a more well-rounded set of images of any destination or subject (available free on iTunes).
“I want to thank you for a wonderful experience on The Capitals of the Baltics trip with PhotoEnrichment Adventures, with you the CEO. As the Chief Experience Officer I wish to let you know how much I enjoyed the trip and the group. I appreciated your willingness to answer questions and share your knowledge. As I look through my photos I am reliving the special adventure. I also realize what a wonderful opportunity Photography Trips like this one are for those interested in improving their photos. I learned so much and am eager to keep learning. You and your group are an inspiration.”
~ June Scott (first time PEA participant – Capitals of the Baltics 2016)
“The trip was well organized and run. We were able to visit many key locals. The buses had plenty of room for all our gear and were comfortable. Schedules were kept and appointments on time.”
~ Glenn Richards (Capitals of the Baltics 2016 & Highlights of the Adriatic 2015)
“This was my first trip with Ralph and PhotoEnrichment Adventures. I can’t say enough about Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn and the locations in between – like a step back in time with narrow cobblestone streets, friendly people and great local food! Ralph’s attention to detail, choice of locations, guides, food venues and instruction were top-notch. Thank you Ralph for a great time, I’m looking forward to my next trip!
Whether a photographer or not, I can’t think of anyone who would not enjoy the experience or the type of knowledge gained for this or any location. Especially where there is so much free time to explore once being given the ‘lay of the land’. I felt perfectly safe in every location visited and would whole-heartedly recommend PhotoEnrichment Adventures to photographers and non-photographers alike.”
~ Fred Potter (first time PEA participant – Capitals of the Baltics 2016)
All activities and itinerary details are subject to change, but rest assured we’ll make every effort to provide a comparable alternative should changes to our schedule need to be made.