Cultural Tours to India
The Colors & Culture of India
Base Trip: Jodhpur • Pushkar • Jaipur • Agra • Delhi
Optional Extension to Varanasi
(this trip, like that of our others, will only operate
when it is safe to do so and we’ve been cleared to travel)
Base Trip: October 27 – November 6, 2022
Optional Extension: November 6 – 8, 2022
Come join PhotoEnrichment Adventures founder and CEO (Chief Experience Officer)for a customized, small group tour of India (4 pax min. to 11 max. required for base trip, 2 pax minimum required for extension)).
“We wanted to let you know what a marvelous time we had.
Ani was an amazing tour guide… We enjoyed every single minute.
I’m so glad we booked this trip through you and your company. It truly was a trip of a lifetime and we will remember it forever.
Just wanted to let you know that everything ran smoothly and we are very, very happy with the entire experience.”
~ Rodney & Robin Q. (2019 India)
Starting in Jodhpur, also known as the blue city, we’ll take in the very best of Pushkar, Jaipur, Agra and India’s capital, Delhi, concentrating on the colorful and extremely diverse Rajasthan region.
Just some of the highlights of the base trip include the Pushkar camel fair, Amer (a.k.a. Amber) Fort in Jaipur, the incomparable Taj Mahal in Agra and finally Jama Masjid mosque (Friday Mosque) and Humayun’s Tomb in Delhi.
Those interested in continuing their exploration of India can choose to participate in the optional extension to Varanasi, situated on the Ganges River.
India is a country that both tantalizes and shocks the senses. It’s amazing and thought-provoking at the same time. Everything you’ve heard about India is likely true, from the outstanding food, to the friendly people, to the mind boggling traffic and chaotic crowds, but this is why we travel, to see and experience new and different places, right?
This is a country that will not disappoint, and Ralph, in conjunction with his longterm local guide, Ani, has carefully organized and planned this trip to efficiently, and as thoroughly as possible, cover the most interesting parts of each location you’ll visit. At the same time our itinerary allows for ample free time to explore each destination outside of the group and the ability to create your own unique experiences.
Our professional local guide, with us throughout the trip, will help us to better understand India and its many cultural nuances, plus teach us a bit about the language, religions, education, political system and other fascinating cultural aspects of this large and mysterious country.
Incredible India isn’t just a marketing slogan, it just is.
“LOVED your presentation at The Refinery on Saturday!! You got me motivated to travel & I learned a lot!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME and for sharing your gift!!”
“Thanks again for such an amazing trip…my photography interest and appetite has completely grown since the trip and I have come back so invigorated and inspired. I’m excited to learn more and begin to take some higher quality pictures.”
“Thanks for a great trip. All went smoothly and I had a great time. I return a better photographer for certain and have a new perspective on what I see. You offer a great product – smart itineraries, hotels and food choices…I look forward to another trip.”
“The fun, adventure and friendship with you means everything to us, along with a great photo or two along the way!”
“Ralph, Morocco truly is magical! Thanks for a beautiful two weeks!”
“Our tour leader Ralph was one of the most knowledgeable trip leaders I have experienced over the past 40 years. He is a very experienced photographer and generously shared his knowledge, talents and experience with us. I think I learned more composition skills and believe I am a better photographer.”
“I really liked the [small] size of the tour. It felt like traveling with friends from very early on, and continued to feel that way. That last hotel we stayed in, the one in Budapest, was such a treat! Those views were fabulous, and it ended the trip in style. Ralph is a good trip leader… He wasn’t hovering, but he did stop and give tips and I felt well-tended. The local guides were all outstanding!”
“Ralph is an engaging and knowledgeable photographer that puts his world class experience in your hands. This trip has been off the charts.”
“The photo critique alone [at the Photography Boot Camp] is worth the price of admission.”
“Great examples clearly demonstrated the points Ralph made. His teaching methods made many things much simpler to understand. I thoroughly enjoyed this class!”
Base Trip (Jodhpur, Pushkar, Jaipur, Agra, Delhi): Oct. 27 – Nov. 6, 2022
Optional Extension to Varanasi: Nov. 6 – 8, 2022
This represents 2021 PRICING (2022 pricing may be subject to change)
Base Trip in Double Occupancy: $4,999 per person
Base Trip Single Supplement: $899 (if you’d like your own room throughout)
6 participants minimum are required for the Base Trip.
Optional Extension in Double Occupancy: $1,199
Optional Extension Single Supplement: $199 (if you’d like your own room throughout)
2 participants minimum are required for the Extension.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
Please request the details of this trip by contacting us at.
To register, you can pay with a credit card via PayPal (to request invoice) or deposit a check directly into the PhotoEnrichment Programs, Inc. bank account at any Bank of America branch. Depositing a check affords a $50 per person discount. We’ll send you all the details if you’ll contact us above.
We’ll send you all the payment details if you’ll contact us above.
Your participation is not confirmed until completed Reservation Form and Terms & Conditions, plus passport copy and payment in full, have been received.
Base Trip Program includes:
- All accommodations during trip dates at 4 and 5 star hotels, most with pools, professional spa services, and other amenities.
- Meals: Breakfast daily and most other meals are included.
- One complimentary drink is provided at each included meal (choice of local beer, house wine, if available, soda, bottled water, coffee or tea)
- Private airport transfers in Jodhpur from JDH airport to our hotel at the start of tour, plus group transfer from our hotel to Delhi’s airport (DEL) for flights home or onwards to Varanasi for extension.
- Transportation between all locations and for group activities in a private, professionally driven and air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entry fees for all included sites and experiences.
- Orientation tours in each location with a local, English-speaking guide.
- All tips for local guide, driver, porters and included meals.
Optional Extension Includes *:
- All accommodations during extension dates
- Roundtrip flight from Delhi > Varanasi > Delhi
- Airport transfers
- All meals are included during extension
- Private boat ride on the Ganges River
- All tips for local guide, driver, porters and included meals.
- Plus all of the above as they pertain to this portion of the trip.
* Important Note: Due to scheduling, Ralph will not be a part of the optional extension to Varanasi, but you will have the services of a professional English-speaking guide throughout the trip.
Trip Does Not Include:
- Your flights to and from India.
- Alcoholic beverages other than those listed in the itinerary as included.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Anything not specifically outlined in the itinerary.
Small Group Tours with Travel Photographer Ralph Velasco
- Keeping our travel schedule in mind, participants will be put in the right place, at the right time, to explore and capture the best of India, including its people, food, temples, mosques, markets, and other cultural wonders.
- Major Sites: Mehrangarh Fort and blue city walk (Jodhpur); Pushkar Camel Fair with camel cart ride; Amer Fort and market walk (Jaipur); the Taj Mahal (Agra); Jama Masjid, Humayun’s Tomb and Sikh temple (Delhi). Know that many, many other sites and experiences are also included.
- We’ll also visit a number of markets and off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods to meet and interact with the people, all while having a chance to photograph along the way.
- Approximately 2- to 4-hours per day on average of instruction with travel photographer , including group photo walks and locally-guided walking tours in each location.
- Participants will have a chance to sit down with Ralph during a mid-trip image review allowing him to gauge each participant’s progress and to provide valuable feedback.
Ralph Velasco is a U.S.-based travel photography instructor, author and international guide who has organized and led over 100 international tours and more than 100 domestic tours in the United States. His international trips have included Armenia & the Republic of Georgia, Egypt, Morocco, the Adriatic, Central Europe, Iceland, Bhutan & Nepal, Vietnam, Cambodia, India, Spain, Portugal, Tuscany, Romania, Mexico’s Copper Canyon, Turkey and other locations.
Ralph is an award-winning travel photography blogger, podcast host and public speaker, and for more than 12 years he’s been the Founder and CEO (Chief Experience Officer) of PhotoEnrichment Adventures. Recently he created a new travel brand called Alla Campagna Experiences where the focus is less on photography in each destination and even more about the culture, people, food, drink and other unique activities and experiences they have to offer, all while staying in unforgettable properties, such as private castles, wine estates, one-of-a-kind boutique hotels, villas and converted mansions, mostly in and around the Mediterranean.
Subscribe to Ralph’s new YouTube channel, The Continental DRIFTER, as well as visit its accompanying travel blog at this link. At The Continental DRIFTER you can expect travel advice, interesting stories, expert interviews and easy-to-use photography tips for Baby Boomers and Gen X travelers.
Now, invest in yourself…get out and travel!
“I really can’t say enough good things about the group, the guide, the trip and the itinerary. If you want to see India, as a photographer, go with a small group like Ralph puts together. Even if you have a passing interest in photography, this trip is for you. There were just 9 of us!! That is very similar to a private tour in terms of flexibility and comfort. The accommodations were excellent.”
~ Bob E. (2017 India, 2013 & 2014 Cuba)
“Ralph’s trips are always well organized. I have always wanted to go to India but didn’t know where to start to plan a trip on my own. The itinerary covered many of the locations I wanted to see and I didn’t have to worry about getting from one place to another or how to get tickets to enter monuments.
Ralph works closely with a local guide so everything runs smoothly. He also has a knack for knowing when to offer advice for taking better photos. I’m a novice photographer and really enjoy learning more about travel photography. This was my 4th trip with Ralph and I look forward to many more!”
~ Leslie T. (2017 India, 2015 Cambodia, Morocco, others)
“India with PhotoEnrichment Adventures was absolutely enriching!! I had a fantastic time, a trip a lifetime. So grateful I had this opportunity to go with Ralph and PEA. Highly, highly recommended.”
~ Laurie K. (2017 India, 2016 Copper Canyon, 2015 Cambodia, others)
“The Colors and Culture of India trip was unforgettable. We were able to see all of the major sites and more with an itinerary jam packed with unique experiences and surprises. I had a blast on this trip. I captured wonderful memories, met amazing people and made great friends. Thank you!”
~ Chris P. (2018 Morocco, 2017 India, 2016 Vietnam)
“This was my first time traveling with PhotoEnrichment Adventures and Ralph and I would recommend his tours to anyone… It was well organized, the hotels were comfortable and the food choices were excellent. The local tour company and guides were professional and knowledgeable.”
~ Bisa M. (2017 India)
“Loved the trip. I was nervous about traveling to India but Ralph and the local guide made it accessible and I always felt safe even though I don’t speak the language. Amazingly friendly people and great itinerary.”
~ Shaune K. (2017 India, 2016 Cuba, Tuscany)
All activities and itinerary details are subject to change, but rest assured we’ll make every effort to provide a comparable alternative in the unlikely event changes to our schedule need to be made.