Cuba People-to-People Exchange Program
People • Culture • Food • UNESCO World Heritage Sites • Architecture
JOIN US ON A FULLY LICENSED PEOPLE-TO-PEOPLE EXCHANGE PROGRAM TO CUBA
LIMITED TO 6 to 11 PARTICIPANTS MAXIMUM
This is a fully-licensed program sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Treasury to travel legally to Cuba.
Included are all accommodations in Cuba, roundtrip airfare from Miami to Havana, group transportation within Cuba, airport transfers in Havana, tips for local guides and drivers, most meals, necessary documentation, your Cuban visa, health insurance while in Cuba for those 79 years and younger, plus much more.
See the individual tabs below for much more detailed information on these incredible programs.
Trip runs February 3 – 9, 2019, but you’ll need to arrive in Miami on February 2.
$3,999* per person in double occupancy (please add $699* for single supplement if you’d like your own room throughout the program. NOTE: single rooms are strictly limited).
* PRICING FOR 2019 IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
Please request the details of this trip by contacting us at.
To register, you can pay with a credit card via PayPal (to request invoice) or deposit a check directly into the PhotoEnrichment Programs, Inc. bank account at any Bank of America branch. Depositing a check affords a $50 per person discount. We’ll send you all the details if you’ll contact us above.
Your participation is not confirmed until completed Reservation and Terms & Conditions Forms, plus image of valid passport and payment in full, have been received.
Program Includes (exact details subject to change)
- People-to-People exchanges with local Cubans.
- Round trip airfare on American Airlines or similar to Havana (HAV) direct from Miami (MIA).
- Medical insurance while in Cuba for those 79 years of age and younger (subject to change).
- 6-nights accommodations at a centrally-located casa particular in Havana.
- Breakfast daily and most other meals.
- Services of an English-speaking guide throughout, plus transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver for most program activities.
- Day trip to the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Viñales Valley.
- Tips for our guide(s), bus driver and for all included meals.
Program Does Not Include
- Airfare to and from Miami from your home airport.
- Accommodations in Miami the night of February 2nd.
- Items of a personal nature such as, but not limited to, necessary baggage fees, laundry, Internet access, souvenirs, telephone calls, additional tips, alcoholic beverages, and other items not specifically outlined as included in the Itinerary.
Experiential highlights include:
- Various orientation walks with our local guide.
- Photo walks and photography instruction throughout from your tour leader, Ralph Velasco.
- Day trip to the Viñales Valley where we’ll experience the town of Viñales and a visit to a local tobacco farm to learn about this unique process, as well as have lunch at a picturesque organic farm.
- Classic American car ride through the streets and featuring the highlights of Havana (just 3 persons per car).
- Visit to a cigar factory in Havana where we can witness how cigars are hand made till this day in Cuba.
- Wonderful meals at hand-selected restaurants throughout Havana and Viñales, including limited alcoholic and other drinks.
- Ride on “la lanchita,” the locals ferry in Havana harbor.
- Visit to the otherworldly gallery of world-famous artist Jose Fuster in the neighborhood of Jaimanitas.
- Visit to Morro Cabaña, a.k.a. Castillo del Morro and lighthouse (if open), the icon of Havana.
- Private visit with world-renown photographer Sr. Roberto Salas at his home in Havana, where he’ll tell us stories and show us photographs of his time spent photographing revolutionaries Fidel and Raul Castro, as well as Ernesto “Che” Guevara, along with his other fabulous work.
- Visit to a local farmer’s market.
- Visit to the famous Hotel Nacional and more.
Ralph Velasco is a U.S.-based travel photography instructor, author and international guide who has organized and led more than 80 international tours, including to Egypt, Morocco, the Adriatic, Central Europe, Iceland, Bhutan, Nepal, Vietnam, Cambodia,
Ralph is an award-winning travel photography blogger and for the past 10 years he’s been the Founder and CEO (Chief Experience Officer) of PhotoEnrichment Adventures. He’s also the creator of the My Shot Lists for Travel app for iPhone, an organizational and tracking tool designed to help travelers of all photography skill levels to bring home a more well-rounded set of images of any destination or subject (available free on iTunes).
Ralph is also Creator of Tour Organizer Training, a free webinar and online course series designed to teach everyday people, step-by-step, how to organize and lead their own special interest trips, whether around the world or around the corner.
2018 Cuba Testimonials
“Cuba is a destination that everyone should try to get to. Going with Ralph and PhotoEnrichment Adventures made this trip a 10+ in my opinion. Everything was well communicated and planned out. All of the activities are well thought out and different than typical touristy things. It made me want to get up and out each day to enjoy the adventure as well as the people in our group.
The balance of planned activities and free time was just enough. I came into this trip as a “tourist” picture taker with my iPhone and Canon Elph….but with the guidance from Ralph and all of the easy to learn tips about photography, I now have a new excitement about pursuing this hobby as a photographer. I have always loved traveling and this trip was nothing but perfect! I look forward to more trips with PhotoEnrichment Adventures!”
~ Carol R.
“I truly enjoyed my trip to Cuba. There are so many opinions about what Cuba is and isn’t, and this trip enabled me to see and experience this beautiful country and the warm, welcoming people who live there!”
~ Linda H. (2018 Cuba and 2012 Morocco)
“I love photography but to get a heavy duty cultural trip was really a bonus. So great to learn about a country and the people!! Thanks so much Ralph.”
~ Kathy S. (2018 Cuba and 2012 Morocco)
“I’m a repeat client of PhotoEnrichment Adventures because the itineraries are well planned, Ralph is an exceptional tour leader and the other participants are always cool. I’ve been to Havana twice before but had a completely new experience there on my recent tour. Great value for money.”
~ Jen B. (2018 Cuba & 2016 Lapland)
“I had amazing time on my trip to Cuba with our wonderful leader, Ralph Velasco. The activities each day were fun, interesting, and a great experience. I learned a lot about Cuban daily life during our walks through Habana, from our local guide, Amed, and during visits to the farmer’s market, a renowned photographer’s home, and brief chats with people in local shops. I’ll recommend this trip to everyone! We also had so much great food, Cuban music almost everywhere we went, and a wonderful group of fellow travelers who were also charmed by Cuba and this fantastic trip!”
~ Connie L. (2018 Cuba & Chicago)
“This was my second trip with Ralph Velasco’s Photo Enrichment program, and this experience was as wonderful as my first trip (to rural Romania) last year! Both programs were extremely well-planned and organized, with a great balance of non-repetitious activities and adequate free time. In Cuba, the objective of the trip was to get as familiar with the people as possible, and this was achieved in many ways — first and foremost, through our local guide Amed, who was extremely engaging, knowledgeable not only of the sights but Cuba’s geopolitics, and never missed an opportunity to provide insightful explanations.
We did some wonderful “street photography” walks, which for me was the highlight of the trip. And Ralph seems to attract group participants who are enthusiastic and eager to learn as much as they can about the places they’re visiting. While Ralph gives us a lot of suggestions on finding photo opportunities and taking good shots, the program is not overly technical — all individuals (regardless of their level of photography expertise) will benefit. I learned a huge amount both from Ralph and the other participants.
I highly recommend PhotoEnrichment’s programs, based on this trip, my experience last year in Romania, and reports I heard from others who have gone on various PhotoEnrichment trips. In fact, several people in our group enjoyed this trip so much that we’ve asked Ralph to organize a “Cuba II” program next year!”
~ Matthew E. (2018 Cuba & 2017 Romania)
“I loved our trip to Cuba with Ralph Velasco. Photo opportunities are extensive including the crumbling houses next to the beautiful art deco refurbished ones, the people who enjoyed interacting with us and having their photo taken, the music, the art and the wonderful old cars that make Havana a special place. Cuba is a country I definitely want to return to. PEA did a wonderful job arranging visas, transportation, accommodations, meals and tours.”
~ Mary Anne J. (2018 Cuba)
“Mary Anne and I look forward to more trips with you.”
~ Gil J. (2018 Cuba)
“Cuba is amazing. I was impressed with the how colorful the buildings, cars and clothes are in Cuba, it seems to match the warmth and enthusiasm of the people. The food was delicioso and very flavorful, but not spicey hot so it was easy to enjoy. My husband and I hope we can return sometime, there is so much to experience, it would absolutely be worth a second (or third) look.”
~Amy and Robert M. (2017 Cuba)
“Some much fun, the people of Cuba are so happy and so into music and art. I learned so much about the history of Cuba. The photo opportunities were endless. Ralph and Amed put together and perfect blend of activities. I could not have been more happy.”
~ Steve G. (2017 Cuba)
“We had a great time in Havana. Ralph seems to attract really good travelers. Everyone got along really well. The trip was well planned and hit all the best places in Havana. The accommodations were top notch and the trip ran very smoothly. No hitches or surprises.”
~ Patrick M. (2017, 2015, 2014 Cuba with PEA)
“Thanks again for such an amazing trip…my photography interest and appetite has completely grown since the trip and I have come back so invigorated and inspired. I’m excited to learn more and begin to take some higher quality pictures.”
~Sarah R. (2015 Cuba)
Forms will be available when the trip is called a go.
All activities and itinerary details are subject to change, but rest assured we’ll make every effort to provide a comparable alternative should changes to our schedule need to be made.