Treasures of Armenia & Tbilisi, Georgia
Tbilisi • Mtskheta • Yerevan • Dilijan • Garni • Gyumri • Jermuk • Sevan
Treasures of Armenia & Tbilisi, Georgia Trip Overview
Small Group Tour to Armenia & Georgia with Travel Photographer Ralph Velasco
Join award-winning travel photographer and experienced tour leader Ralph Velasco for this highly unique and once-in-a-lifetime trip to the Republics of Georgia and Armenia, located in the Caucasus region of western Asia.
JUST SOME OF THE MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND SITES YOU’LL ENJOY
Tbilisi – the capital of Georgia and a truly cosmopolitan city with a European feel and a delightful mix of incredibly old and very modern architecture. Great restaurants bars and other sites, too.
Mtskheta – a short drive from Tbilisi including visits to Jvari and Svetiskhoveli (UNESCO World Heritage sites).
Spectacular drive via military highway to see the Ananuri fortified complex and Jinvali reservoir.
Yerevan – capital of Armenia boasting the sites of Echmiadzin and Zvartnots (both also UNESCO sites), the Cascade, central market and more.
Garni – visit to the amazing Garni gorge and Garni temple, as well as Geghard monastery, Khor Virap and Noravank.
Dilijan – Drive up the mountain pass to Selim caravanserai and on to Noratus to see the centuries-old cross-stone field. Also, visit to a woodcarver’s studio and nearby Molokan village with time spent in a local family’s home complete with Russian tea.
Gyumri – sightseeing with market walk, visit to a blacksmith’s studio and an old-world barbershop.
Jermuk – peaceful spa town in the mountains with free time to enjoy some optional spa treatments, as well as a visit to a local waterfall and the very interesting Gallery.
Sevan – drive along Lake Sevan to hilltop monasteries and a spectacular overlook.
“LOVED your presentation at The Refinery on Saturday!! You got me motivated to travel & I learned a lot!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME and for sharing your gift!!”
“Thanks again for such an amazing trip…my photography interest and appetite has completely grown since the trip and I have come back so invigorated and inspired. I’m excited to learn more and begin to take some higher quality pictures.”
“Thanks for a great trip. All went smoothly and I had a great time. I return a better photographer for certain and have a new perspective on what I see. You offer a great product – smart itineraries, hotels and food choices…I look forward to another trip.”
“The fun, adventure and friendship with you means everything to us, along with a great photo or two along the way!”
“Ralph, Morocco truly is magical! Thanks for a beautiful two weeks!”
“Our tour leader Ralph was one of the most knowledgeable trip leaders I have experienced over the past 40 years. He is a very experienced photographer and generously shared his knowledge, talents and experience with us. I think I learned more composition skills and believe I am a better photographer.”
“I really liked the [small] size of the tour. It felt like traveling with friends from very early on, and continued to feel that way. That last hotel we stayed in, the one in Budapest, was such a treat! Those views were fabulous, and it ended the trip in style. Ralph is a good trip leader… He wasn’t hovering, but he did stop and give tips and I felt well-tended. The local guides were all outstanding!”
“Ralph is an engaging and knowledgeable photographer that puts his world class experience in your hands. This trip has been off the charts.”
“The photo critique alone [at the Photography Boot Camp] is worth the price of admission.”
“Great examples clearly demonstrated the points Ralph made. His teaching methods made many things much simpler to understand. I thoroughly enjoyed this class!”
Dates: September 29 – October 12, 2019
The price for this 14-day/13-night trip is $4,999 per person in double occupancy.
If you’d like your own room throughout please add $699 for single supplement.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
Please request the details of this trip by contacting us at.
To register, you can pay with a credit card via PayPal (to request invoice) or deposit a check directly into the PhotoEnrichment Programs, Inc. bank account at any Bank of America branch. Depositing a check affords a $50 per person discount.
We’ll send you all the payment details if you’ll contact us above.
Your participation is not confirmed until completed Reservation Form and Terms & Conditions, plus passport copy and payment in full, have been received.
- 13-nights accommodations at well-located hotels, several with pools, professional spa services, and other amenities in each location.
- Private airport transfer in Tbilisi (TBS) upon arrival and to Yerevan airport (EVN) at the end of the trip (so, unless otherwise directed, you’d fly into Tbilisi and out of Yerevan). Airport transfers are also included for a possible internal flight from TBS > EVN, but this is subject to change.
- Services of an English-speaking guide and driver throughout.
- Photography instruction with your Tour Leader, Ralph Velasco.
- Meals: Breakfast daily and most other meals.
- Two bottles of water per person each day.
- Transportation between all locations and for included group activities in a private, air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entry fees for all included sites and experiences.
- Orientation tours in each location with our local, English-speaking guide.
- Tips for local guide, driver and included meals.
Trip Does Not Include:
- Your flights to and from Georgia and Armenia.
- Alcoholic beverages other than those listed in the itinerary as included.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Anything not specifically outlined in the itinerary.
Small Group Tour to Armenia & Georgia with Travel Photographer Ralph Velasco
Keeping our travel schedule in mind, our goal is always to put participants in the right place, at the right time, to explore and capture the best of Georgia and Armenia. This includes its people, food, monasteries, churches, markets, and other cultural wonders.
- We’ll also visit a number of markets and off-the-beaten-path locations to meet and interact with the people, all while having a chance to photograph along the way.
- Approximately 2- to 4-hours per day on average of instruction with travel photographer Ralph Velasco, including group photo walks and locally-guided walking tours in each location.
- Assuming facilities are available, participants will have a chance to sit down with Ralph during a mid-trip image review allowing him to gauge each participant’s progress and to provide valuable feedback on their photography.
Ralph Velasco is a U.S.-based travel photography instructor, author and international guide who has organized and led more than 80 international tours, including to Egypt, Morocco, the Adriatic, Central Europe, Iceland, Bhutan, Nepal, Vietnam, Cambodia,
Ralph is an award-winning travel photography blogger and for the past 10 years he’s been the Founder and CEO (Chief Experience Officer) of PhotoEnrichment Adventures. He’s also the creator of the My Shot Lists for Travel app for iPhone, an organizational and tracking tool designed to help travelers of all photography skill levels to bring home a more well-rounded set of images of any destination or subject (available free on iTunes).
Ralph is also Creator of Tour Organizer Training, a free webinar and online course series designed to teach everyday people, step-by-step, how to organize and lead their own special interest trips, whether around the world or around the corner.
All activities and itinerary details are subject to change, but rest assured we’ll make every effort to provide a comparable alternative in the unlikely event changes to our schedule need to be made.